GUPPY - THE LIFEGUARD SHACK

GUPPY - THE LIFEGUARD SHACK

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Front End Rebuild

Taking lots of photo's of the front end so that I won't forget which piece goes where when I try to put Geet back together again.  

The guys at Home Depot are helping alot as I go in and ask them to specifically customize cuts on new wood, plywood and aluminum trim for me.



I think the guys at Home Depot feel bad for me because I literally bring in the rotted pieces of wood and ask them if I could please have a new one that is exactly the same shape and length...


 Sometimes I say I'll just go home and cut it some with my sawsall or an exacto-knife - that usually brings them aorund to doing the specific cuts I need, LOL  Today the guy at Home Depot said he had worked there for 7 years and never did so much carpentry angles on one piece of wood in all those years - he had another guy holding the wood in place at a 45 degree angle on their cutter as their big cutting machine wasn't even made to cut wood at those angles LOL





 I'm hoping to have the front end all put back by Monday at the latest so I can get started on rebuilding the back end.








 Hmmm - might have to do a little patch work on this side wall as I don't want to have to redo anything once I get the front skin back on Geet.